OCEAN FIVE HOTEL
436 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139 USA
South Beach, along with a handful of other neighborhoods, is one of the few places where a car-free lifestyle is commonplace. Many South Beach residents get around by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, bus or taxi, as the neighborhood is very cheerfully urban, and pedestrian-friendly. We recommend using this great public transportation—or enjoy walking—leaving your car safely parked at Ocean Five Hotel. Recently, Miami Beach has begun bicycle initiatives promoting city-wide bike parking and bike lanes, that have made bicycling much more popular for residents and tourists. The Venetian Causeway for example, is a popular bicycle commuter route that connects South Beach to Downtown. Read about Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, Washington Avenue
Public Transportation in South Beach, is heavily used, and is a vital part of South Beach life. Although South Beach has no direct Metrorail stations, numerous Metrobus lines (operated by Miami-Dade Transit), connect to Downtown Miami and Metrorail (ie: the ‘S’ bus line). The ‘South Beach Local’ or ‘SBL,’ one of the most heavily-used lines in Miami, connects all major points of South Beach to other major bus lines in the city.
The Airport-Beach Express (Route 150), operated by MDT, is a direct-service bus line that connects Miami International Airport to major points in South Beach. Cost: $2.35 Every 30 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. seven days a week.
Here in Miami’s South Beach, our guests enjoy all the best features of their South Florida stay. The magnificent ocean beaches lend a natural borderline to all the historic and artistic landmarks. Fine shopping and multi dining choices create a busy and fulfilling day, while relaxing in our landscaped gardens and parks is the perfect alternative.
- Lummus Park– Ocean Drive from 5th St to 14th St
- Flamingo Park– Between Michigan And Meridian Av, from 11th St to Española Way
- South Pointe Park– Washington Av and South Pointe Dr
- South Beach Park and Washington Park are also in this vibrant, up-and-coming area
- Collins Park- Collins Av and 21st St – ideal for jogging and walking, so close to the ocean and its breezes
- Miami Beach Golf Club- Alton Road and W 23rd St – This is an 18-hole public course, 6813 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 131 and a 73.1 USGA rating. The course features 4 sets of tees for different skill levels. Always a favorite with our returning guests.